Friday, December 23, 2011

The Weekender Thoughts

I opened my eyes, feeling the unbelievable craving for a bowl full of cherries & sour sour sour cranberries.

The supermarkets have been stocking these amazing Christmas-y treats, and it always took me back to October.

The cold mornings in Chicago, where that Jet lag made us awake at 3 in the morning. There was nothing to do at that time, but wear our heavy coats and wonder in the streets.

Cranberry trees were heavy and full to the extent of few of them dropping on the ground and getting smashed under the walkers' shoes.

Chicago was really red.

We would conclude our walk with the a freshly baked sesame bagel & cream cheese.  At times, we would indulge in their famous spinach & mushroom omelette.

I remember how I thought every African American lady was Oprah. I remember how I loved their cute accent and the kindness in their hearts.

I opened my eyes again. I'm back here, and I couldn't be happier.

To always buying memories. 


Happy Weekend everyone. 

1 comment:

fionkafied said...

LULU! I'm happy you're back to blogging <3 I love reading your thoughts, you have a lovely way of writing, mashallah xx